Monday, December 1, 2014

Here We Go

I've signed up for two races for next spring that will hopefully keep me motivated to reach my marathon goal! First is the Fifth Third Riverbank Run's 25k, which is May 9th, and will be my longest run to date by just over 2 miles! I'm a little nervous but one of my friends talked me into it (thanks Jen!) and it'll help me stay on track to potentially run/walk a marathon Fall 2015.

Second, I've signed up for the Bayshore Half Marathon that's in Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend. This is a race that I've wanted to run for a couple of years. I've run the Bayshore 10k two years in a row now and I have always looked up to the people who complete the half marathon or marathon there. I knew that the race would be hard to get into (it sold out within an hour last year!) and I was right; it sold out in less than 20 minutes today! Thank goodness I was prepared and got signed up along with my friend Jen, cousin Mike and several others who I had no idea even wanted to do the run! Jeremy and Mike's wife Amy will do the 10k so we'll have a big crew heading on up there!

Since I signed up for both of those races, I decided that today I needed to finally get my Planet Fitness membership. So right after work I went on in and signed up and completed my first workout there. The 25k race has provided a workout schedule that I will be following to make sure that I am staying on track. Today's was a 20 minute run, and after I completed that I did some strength training afterwards to help with my back!


So far so good!

Workouts Completed: 1
Miles Run/Walked: 2.5
Days Until 5th/3rd Riverbank Run 25k: 158
Days Until Bayshore Half Marathon: 172

No comments:

Post a Comment